[Benedict]

Monday, April 23, 2007

mango oil, yummy...

My hands still smell of mango oil! It was nice during my practical class where we learnt stroking, a massage technique and had to practice on one another. But its getting to me a little now. Our tutor brought it to class, if not we had to use johnson's baby oil! I think the oil is more for the therapist den the patient. Its like I smell the oil and I feel more in the mood to massage people. We learnt how to massage the back, calves and thighs. So its still very general and the technique is basic. It is supposed to increase circulation, improve lymph drainage and get the patient used to our touch/handling before other techniques are used. Please don't think I'm an expert on massage now and ask me for too much! We are not supposed to treat anyone thru massage until we have graduated but our tutor says we can give our friends relaxing massages.

Sorry I haven't been updating my blog, there was a test today that I had to study for and I have also been trying to conserve the amount of data that I am allowed to download thru internet for this month. I'm not left with alot so I haven't been online often!

Today had been eventful, from the test to the massage class, to a gas leak which cancelled one of our lectures (my classmate was kidding and saying why wasn't it a gunman? not funny), and finally to my last lecture on paediatrics which was so cool! The baby in the video was so adorable! And we get to interact with babies too. My class gets to do it next monday! Can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home