[Benedict]

Thursday, April 5, 2007

easter!

Hot cross buns and chocolate easter eggs are the staple of easter in melbourne! You all will have no idea how many chocolate easter eggs I have eaten! I even have the big one! Well, that marks the start of my mid-semester break, which is packed!

Anyway, since the holidays are here, I went to watch Meet the Robinsons today! Its quite a cool show with a simple plot. The story only starts to make sense near the end but it was ok. There is this theme, "Keep moving forward" which is part of a Walt Disney quote. It is an enjoyable movie.

I also managed to get a new wallet today! Its a nice fossil wallet! Its really different from the wallets I had before as it is more vertical than horizontal if you get what I mean. Finally, I won't look so stupid digging money out of my pockets.

Yesterday I had anatomy class where we got to learn about the human body using cadavers. I got to touch specimens. No contact with actual cadavers till after Easter. I got to see one though. It isn't too bad cause the room is quite spacious and bright and everything is very scientific.

I also got to take off my clothes again in my physio practical. We had to observe each others gait this time. One difference between my partner's and my gait is that I have lateral pelvic tilt when I walk whereas he doesn't. I think its due to different structure of our bodies, like maybe his feet have a higher arch cause I have functional flat foot. But all are normal variations of walking as different people have different structures. So we get exposed to all different variations and when we see something out of the normal, we will be able to tell the difference.

I finally did 'the bridge'! We were just hanging around after class and we started doing all this stretching and some even did some gymnastics! I couldn't do it before but I tried that day and I could suddenly get into that position! It was really satisfying though my shoulders felt a little weird. You can do it by lying on the ground with your back on the floor and placing your hands palms down on the floor beside your ears and push your whole body off the ground. I might be able to do it now cause my pelvis is not as anteriorly tilted, which affects the movement.

Back to Tuesday, my doubles partner (Hin) and I won our first match for our team in the tournament! We were really happy cause it took such a long time before our first win! I think we will get better!

Ok, I'm going to be off to Easter camp from tomorrow till Monday! I will be back...

1 Comments:

Blogger raindance said...

hot cross buns!! ooh... i want~! =s ahh~~ be careful with your wallet worx!!! =b (more vertical??? so it's a rectangle?)

April 11, 2007 at 11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home