[Benedict]

Monday, July 7, 2008

wow, what a match!

Rafael Nadal vs Roger Federer at Wimbledon was truly amazing! Both players are great fighters seeing how Federer came back in 2 tie-breaks after being 2 sets down and how Nadal actually won the match after what I would consider devastating having let match points slip by and giving Federer a lifeline.

I was actually supporting Nadal for the first time and it was such a nail-biting experience! I couldn't believe it when he actually won the first two sets. But when he lost the next two, I thought the final would be over and Federer would go on to win his sixth title. I was feeling disappointed. How wrong was I! Nadal showed great strength and confidence. I was feeling so nervous for him! I can't imagine how he felt! It was a great match and both deserved to win but I had a feeling that Nadal would win and he did : )

Well Nadal has really improved his game these few years and it is much nicer to watch compared to the past. I didn't like him when he first burst onto the scene but I must say that has totally changed maybe because he has been around and has revealed more of himself over the years and he is actually a nice guy!

It would have been history-making if Federer won his six consecutive Wimbledon but Nadal winning his first Wimbledon over Federer is pretty special too. He has worked so hard and totally deserved it. Who would have thought, the four-time French open champion winning his first Wimbledon, a truly significant moment in the history of the sport. Will this mark the start of the end of Federer's reign at the top?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home