[Benedict]

Sunday, December 2, 2007

half marathon!

I survived the half marathon! It was fun but painful towards the end. It really is a mental challenge, to keep pushing myself thru the pain and the many "how long more to the finish line?" My legs were cramping at the last 5km and at times I couldn't feel them and at other times they were like rocks. It was a long 5km! But thank God that I didn't actually get cramps although I was close to having one or two! It was nice to run with my brother too!

And I actually survived when my dad thought that I will not be able to make it. haa. I was running behind this girl and she wrote one the paper that you can pin on the back of your shirt to inspire people: "my dad thinks I can't do it. But I can!" something along those lines and I thought it was really funny! good on her! Actually I think my dad thinks that I have not been exercising in Australia and he kept nagging at me to train since I got back!

My first time running a half marathon has been really good and hopefully there will be some more in the future!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home