[Benedict]

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Section 377A

I only just came across the news today about the petition to repeal section 377a of the penal code, when I was looking thru my emails.

This section 377a criminalises sex between men and there have been violent objections and another petition was started to keep this section of the code. Go to www.keep377a.com. I was late in putting my name up on the petition but updates are still posted on that site.

I think that Singapore should keep this code because of the strong family values that we hold dear to our hearts. If this section is repealed, the society would be moving towards a whole new direction which is more individualistic and less community-based. Children would also be exposed at a younger age to information that they can't handle and that is not something that I want to see around Singapore. Gays are not born, they are made and this has direct link to the media and telling young impressionable people that it is an acceptable alternative lifestyle.

Hopefully the government will be wise and seriously evaluate this and keep our future in mind. How has Singapore been able to prosper? Because of our values, relationships and hard work! Repealing this section would just seek to fuel and drive the sex-crazed society of our time and create this sense of self-gratification (ie one night stands) and decrease the meaning of relationships.

May we keep this in our prayers!!

1 Comments:

Blogger I love Benedict! said...

Seeing your thoughts on this makes me feel proud of you and seen how you have grown spiritually. Because, last time, you wouldn't have cared as long as it didn't bother you (apathy). See you soon!!!

November 17, 2007 at 5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home