[Benedict]

Monday, July 16, 2007

we went skiing!

Eunice and I went skiing with some friends saturday! It was really awesome! We got to see snow for the first time!

Skiing is actually very tough! The equipment by itself is already so heavy and we were like tired just lugging everything around! We also had to get around in ski boots on Mt. Buller which was really not easy because they were heavy and we couldn't walk normally. Getting the boots on was a challenge too! There was a point where I was thinking why did I sign up for this? When were we going to actually start skiing? Because it was really troublesome. We had to wear all these weird clothes and carry all those equipment around and take 2 different buses to get to where we were going to ski(which meant we had to go up and down the buses in weird footwear too, which was tough). But once we were there, we were having a little bit of fun and forgot about the hard work we did getting there.

Most of us had a little bit of trouble with the equipment and some had trouble with the skiing motion. The ice was quite hard where we were having lesson which caused it to be difficult getting into the skis because there was ice on the bottom of the boots! But it got better and more satisfying once we got the hang of it and managed to ski down from the very slight slope a couple of times. It was really actually quite flat and a short distance only, but I think that is very challenging for us already!

After lunch, I went up on the chairlift with some other friends to conquer some steeper slopes, but we didn't expect it to be sooo steep and there were so many of them too!! I got off to a flying start, both literally and pun intended, when I got off the chairlift. I was going so fast and I was trying my hardest to slow down using the technique I learnt for only a short while (guess I needed more practice) with no avail and I had to stop by falling! I'm really pathetic! The slopes were really too steep for me. I couldn't control my speed and I was sorta freaking out and could only stop by making myself fall! But it was really thrilling in a sense. I can't believe I actually had the guts to put myself in that situation! I think I'm not really the kind to do extreme sports. I don't think I can handle that kind of speed. The almost flat slope was really fun and enough excitement in my opinion. Haa.

One of the highlights was the chairlift. It was really cool sitting there with our legs hanging in the air with our skis on. Really weird. But the view was fantastic. We could see the mountain range with their snow-capped peaks. Beautiful! The view while coming down was also very nice! The whole trip was a whole new experience!

My friend, Natalia, almost got hit by the chairlift! She couldn't control her snowboard and she slid off into the way of an incoming chair. Luckily she was pulled aside by the attendant there! We got a shock!

Now we are all still recovering from the trip. We have blisters on our legs, Eunice has really bad ones, and our whole body is aching! We really got a good workout!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home