[Benedict]

Saturday, June 23, 2007

what a day!

We were on the tram today heading towards the city, when the tram suddenly lurched to a stop and it actually hit a car! The car was travelling in the opposite direction and I guess it drove to near the oncoming tram! It was terrible! I mean we could hear and feel the collision, and the glass at the back of the car popped out! But luckily no one was injured. I am personally wondering how that car can actually drive so close to the oncoming tram! So scary.

Anyway, we were heading towards the city so that we could transfer tram to go to the zoo. It was fun! I really like the giraffes! And the penguins are so cute! I really prefer them to the king/emperor penguins. The ones here are the local burrowing-type penguins! Very very cute! We got to watch them being fed.

For dinner, I managed to whip up sweet and sour pork! It was a success this time! I think its because the pork was in much smaller pieces. And I sorta fried it properly with more oil. I also made the chinese dessert, beancurd skin with gingko nut, very nice! Haa, I bought the wrong kind of beancurd skin at first and it was really weird, even had to throw it away. But I managed to get the right kind in the end. Eunice and I really enjoyed our dinner! I'm thinking of making tofu beef patties and bread&butter pudding next!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home